Oh hey, it’s that thing I skipped doing last year: the naval-gazing yearly round up! Here’s the quick and dirty version since there’s way too much other stuff I need to get done:
Published in 2022
- “Swan Maiden” reprinted in Flash Fiction Online (July 2022)
- “A Conspiracy of Cartographers” in GigaNotoSaurus (September 2022)
- “Unraveling” in Vastarien: A Literary Journal (Grimscribe Press), vol. 5, issue 2, Fall 2022
Sold in 2022
The three stories above, plus:
- “Dead Maiden Chic” to Weird Horror Magazine (Undertow Publications), forthcoming in issue 6, March 2023
Written in 2022
- First draft of a new fantasy novel, tentatively titled Barren Water
- One new short story, “Reasons This Is Not a Horror Story”
- Revised and started submitting a short story written the previous year, “The Pitch Pipe Forest”
Other Writerly Things I Did in 2022
- Did online readings in January and December for the awesome folks at The Story Hour
- Participated in a great online panel (Crossroad Blues: Exploring the Boundary Between Life and Death) as part of Weeknight Writers’ Storycrafting Sessions: Horror, a one-day virtual conference
- Took the Better-Faster Academy’s Strengths for Writers class with the amazing Becca Syme
On the To-Do List for 2023
- Revise the new novel, then throw it out to folks for feedback
- Revise “Reasons Not a Horror Story” (after getting some more critiques in a few weeks) and start submitting it
- Write some new short stories
- Possibly revisit my novel The Ashdowners. I received an invite to revise and resubmit from a small-press publisher, but I need to let it simmer a bit before deciding if it’s something I want to tackle.
- Who knows!? Let’s see what happens.
You must be logged in to post a comment.