I mentioned in a recent post that my story “Final Report” would be getting some podcast love in the near future. Well, the future is now. Or rather, the future was Saturday. So the future is the past? Anyway, “Final Report” was read on episode 258 of Paul Cole’s Beam Me Up! program, and you can have a listen here: Beam Me Up!
And so it’s not all about me, I’m going to pimp ‘s story Lavanya and Deepika at Demeter’s Spicebox. I had the chance to critique an earlier version of it and found it pretty awesome then, so I imagine it’s even more awesome now.
Urgh, so much for resurfacing on the blogosphere. Well, I did resurface. I just got sucked right back into the Void Of Too Much Else To Do. I have a feeling that’s going to be happening a lot over the next few months.
So the bulleted version of what this writer has been up to:
* I’ve been encountering far too much lately that has led to forehead slapping and *head desk* moments.
* After much demanding from my brain, I returned to the slow-going revisions on My Big Fat Epic Fantasy Novel–so of course a short story idea immediately started jumping up and down and waving its arms around and asking for a little love. Stupid brain.
* I began my dive into the critique fest that is TNEO.
* I changed the look of my website.
* More details to come, but it looks like my story “Final Report” (from issue 4 of the sadly short-lived Darker Matter) will get some podcast love in the near future.
* The last few months spewed so much crazy all over the place that my attempts at establishing a routine were repeatedly thwarted. That really needs to change. I was determined to get myself onto something resembling a consistent schedule starting today. It’s not even noon yet and that plan’s already gone to pot.
And on that note, I think hear the unmistakable sucking sound that is the Void Of Too Much Else To Do.